Big Data Store on the Cloud

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Weekend is fun, I'm here spending my weekend at a Hotel in Fresno, attending as spectator parent of my two kids competing in the WBA's Marching Band competition, 2014.

Anyway, I just wanted to post the upcoming new SOP feature for the Cloud, a new Data Store contraption for the Cloud. Back a few months ago, I started research on Azure, recently I got my small business approved by BizSpark and now, I can do some real Cloud (Azure) work! ;)

A new Data Store that puts SOP B-Tree data structure on the cloud could be a game changer!
Imagine for example, Azure's Blob storage that is optimal for storing large quantities of data, but isn't hone or fit for smaller data(mgmt & access, speedwise). With SOP B-Tree, suddenly the Cloud Blob is turned into a part (as a b-tree node to be precise) of a high performance B-Tree based Data Store hosted in the Cloud!

It has always been a design intention of the SOP (B-Tree) Data Store to be flexible so it can get hosted in diverse mediums such as natively in File Systems, in RDBMS (e.g. Sql Server or Oracle) and/or any newer medium such as the Cloud.

Anyway, I'll fill you all in with details in a bit. :)